The boat holiday is considered one of the safest holiday experiences of the entire panorama of the global tourist offer. It ensures to live in the natural beauty of the open space, enjoying the sea breeze, and avoiding mass tourism.
It is up to you to choose how long you want to live in contact with others or with your closest relatives. Certainly, the social distancing is not a discussion point.
A Covid-19 Guide Line Protocol is active, and provides all the information necessary to maintain correct behaviour on board and during the holiday. It is the result of the best synthesis of the Italian Government and Regional directives, in addition to the guidelines provided for pleasure yachting activities provided from the Italian Ministry of Health.
With your help, we will be able to guarantee all guests maximum safety in compliance with current regulations.
But a houseboat holiday is an overall safe experience. There are probably other questions you’re asking yourself now; and we’re here to help you answer them, here below:
Can I drive the boat without experience?
Will I be able to drive a yacht without a license?
Although any previous experience, even on small boats, can be useful, we want you to know that everyone can drive a boat and enjoy a houseboat holiday:
- Most of our customers do not have a nautical license, which is NOT compulsory for driving our boats.
- The speed of the boats is around 10km/h; houseboats are slow, and the possibility of making mistakes is very limited. You don’t speed in a houseboat, both to adhere to the legal limits, and so you can enjoy the company and view while sailing.
- Each crew is obliged to follow the training course before departure, regardless of previous experience. Company staff are multilingual and trained specialists, who will verify the crew’s skills and the captain’s leadership. Driving, mooring, starting and maneuvering practice will be carried out out for as long as necessary until these skills are considered sufficient.
- Each crew receives a dedicated, personalized training briefing, where an itinerary meeting customers’ specifications is decided on, combining what customers want to do, with what they are capable of.
- River navigation does not present the typical difficulties of navigating at sea. The water is calm and there aren’t any waves. Driving is quite simple.
- The boats have been designed and built according to very high safety standards and are extremely solid and reliable. The boats ‘forgive’ small driving hesitations and mistakes.
- The boats are INSURED against damage to third parties. The company offers various insurance packages to protect customers during navigation, as well as the boats themselves. Please consult the page dedicated to insurance for more details, or contact our sales office.
- The company has selected suitable moorings.
- With the boat ‘you can’t go everywhere’. Navigation is authorized only within itineraries tested by the company and which it feels meet the safety conditions for driving without a license.
- Our Assistance Team is constantly reachable for information, advice, suggestions and technical assistance, even on-site if necessary. You can really rely on their suggestions: they’re the result of experience gained on tens of thousands of cruises.
We offer a Skipper Service for those who want to enjoy sailing but don’t want to drive the boat.
Italy has the highest safety standards in Europe.
We’re the only river charter company in Europe, and in Italy we’ve equipped our boats with safety aids to make your experience even more relaxing.
- All our boats are equipped with a satellite tracking system, which allows the company and customers on board to monitor the status of the boat, batteries, navigation in unauthorized areas, and the status of any weather warnings in real time. You’ll set off on vacation knowing that you have a guardian angel to take care of you.
- An Electronic Seabed Control System is among the features of the boats in our fleet, which signals when the boat is approaching a shallow area and helps the driver avoid beaching.
- Unique in Europe, we produce Navigation Cards and River Guides, specifically dedicated to our boats and our customers. Year after year our cartographic instruments are updated and available for consultation on board or can be purchased online at this link.