Information regarding EU Regulation 2016/679 (‘GDPR’)
What types of data do we collect?
When you use our services, you accept that our company collects some of your personal data. This page is designed to tell you what data we collect, why and how we use it.
We handle two types of data:
- data provided by the user
- data that we collect automatically
Data provided by the user
When you register, we ask you to provide us with some data needed to use our service.
These are, for example, the data we ask for:
- address, email and password
- other data relating to the subject of your request (for example, if you enter a request regarding a flower delivery, we may ask you for the delivery address and telephone number).
You can also choose to provide us with the following information:
- first name
- telephone number
Third party data
If you provide the personal data of third parties, such as those of your family or friends, you must be sure that these individuals have been adequately informed and have consented to the related data processing as described here.
Data for children under 16
If you are under the age of 16, you cannot provide us with any personal data, and we do not assume any responsibility for any false statements that you provide. Should we notice the existence of untruthful declarations, we will proceed with the immediate deletion of any personal data acquired.
Data that we collect automatically
We collect the following data using the services you use:
- technical data: for example, IP address, browser type, information on your computer, data relative to the current (approximate) position of the device you are using;
- data collected using cookies or similar technology. For more information, please see the ‘Cookies’ section.
1. HOW DO WE USE THE DATA WE COLLECT?
We use the data collected to provide an ongoing service, to inform you about our activities and events, and to offer a more personalized service in line with your interests.
1.1. To guarantee you access to our services and improve their provision
We use your information to guarantee you access to our services and their provision, including:
- registration for our newsletter
- communications related to service provision
- activities of an administrative, financial or accounting nature, such as those relating to services provided through the transport of our products and/or invoices issued to you.
These activities are necessary to provide the services of Houseboat Holidays Italia S.r.l. to any users who join.
These activities are based on the legitimate interest of the Data Controller (see point 3.1) and you can object at any time.
1.2. To inform you about our business activities
If you have expressly given your consent, we use the data collected to inform you about promotional activities that may interest you.
Specifically, we use it to:
- communicate promotional, commercial and advertising information on events and initiatives carried out by Houseboat Holidays Italia S.r.l. and/or in partnership with third parties.
- perform analysis and reporting activities related to promotional communication systems, such as detection of the number of open emails, clicks on links within communications, the type of device used to read communications and the relative operating system, or the list of newsletter subscribers.
1.3. To offer you a personalized service
If you have expressly given your consent, we process the data collected to analyze your habits or consumption choices in order to offer an increasingly personalized service in line with your interests, and to improve our commercial offer. This analysis does not always relate to an automated decision-making process.
2. IS IT MANDATORY TO PROVIDE DATA?
The provision of personal data is mandatory only for the processing necessary for the provision of services offered by Houseboat Holidays Italia S.r.l. (any refusal to provide this makes it impossible to use the service). It is optional for promotional and profiling purposes and any refusal to give consent does not have negative consequences on the provision of the service offered on the website www.houseboat.it, at the point of sale or related applications.
3. WHO IS INVOLVED IN DATA PROCESSING?
3.1. Data Controller
The data owner is Houseboat Holidays Italia S.r.l. in the person of its legal representative Carlo Moretti, whose legal and operational headquarters are located in Via C. Colombo, 36 A – 45014 Porto Viro, C.F .: 01196010290 – VAT: 01196010290.
The Data Controller uses data processors to achieve the purposes specified in point 1 and a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to oversee the protection of personal data.
For each request related to your personal data, see the following point (3.2).
3.2. Data Protection Officer (DPO) and contact information
The person in charge of data protection (Data Protection Officer) is Carlo Moretti, pursuant to art. 37 of the GDPR.
We remind you that you can contact the DPO at any time and send any questions or requests regarding your personal data and your privacy in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.3. Individuals to whom personal data may be disclosed
The data collected as part of the service provision may be communicated to:
- companies that perform functions strictly connected and instrumental to the operations (including technical operations) of Houseboat Holidays Italia Srl’s services, such as suppliers of materials and products; suppliers of direct marketing services and customer care; companies that provide archiving, administrative, payment and billing services; and associated companies that provide technical components for the provision of some service features
- administrative bodies and judicial authorities in line with legal obligations
Your personal data may be transferred outside the European Union to be processed by some of our service providers. In this case, we make sure that this transfer takes place in compliance with the legislation in force and that an adequate level of personal data protection is guaranteed based on an adequacy decision, on standard clauses defined by the European Commission or on Binding Corporate Rules. Under no circumstances do we transfer or sell personal data to third parties.
4. HOW CAN YOU OBTAIN INFORMATION ABOUT DATA, MODIFY OR DELETE IT, AND OBTAIN A COPY?
4.1. Access to personal data from your private area and revocation of consent (opt-out)
You can, at any time, view your personal data in your private area. Enter your account and click the “User” section under “GDPR data”.
Remember that you can revoke the consent you have provided at any time by accessing your reserved area and removing the related flag.
4.2. Export and deletion of the processing of personal data
To export your personal data (takeout) or request deletion, you can send a request to the email address Info@houseboat.it from the email with which you registered.
Your personal data will be exported within 30 days or, in cases where export becomes particularly complex, within three months.
The deletion will be carried out within the expected technical time scale and in accordance with the retention period specified in point 5 below.
4.3. Exercising your rights
Any individual who uses our service can:
- at any time, obtain from the owner information about the existence of their personal data, the origin of the same, the handling purposes and methods, and, if applicable, obtain access to personal data and information as specified in Article 15 of the GDPR
- request the updating, rectification, integration, deletion, or limitation of data processing if one of the conditions provided for in Article 18 of the GDPR occurs; and the anonymization or blocking of personal data, processed in violation of the law, including that which does not need to be kept for the purposes for which the data were collected and/or subsequently processed.
- object, in whole or in part, for legitimate reasons, to the processing of data, even if pertinent to the purpose of the collection and processing of personal data to provide commercial information, sending advertising material or make direct sales, or for the purpose of market research or commercial communication. Each user also has the right to revoke consent at any time without prejudice to the lawfulness of the data handling based on the consent given before revocation
- receive personal data provided knowingly and actively or through the use of the service, in a structured format, commonly used and readable with automatic devices, and transmit it to another data controller without impediment
- put forward a complaint to the Italian Data Protection Authority
We remind you that for any questions or requests concerning your personal data and respect for your privacy you can write to email@example.com.
5. HOW AND FOR HOW LONG WILL YOUR DATA BE PRESERVED?
The retention of personal data will take place in paper and/or electronic/computerized form and for the time strictly necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes referred to in point 1, in compliance with your privacy and current regulations.
In the case of active users, content generated by the user will be kept for 36 months for reasons of security and prevention and moderation of content and/or conduct contrary to Houseboat Holidays Italia S.r.l.’s conditions of service, in order to ensure the better quality of the same, including in collaboration with the relevant authorities.
For purposes of analysis aimed at developing and improving the service, your personal data may be subject to the same retention period.
For direct marketing and profiling purposes we keep your data for a maximum period equal to that specified by the applicable legislation (24 and 12 months respectively).
Invoices, accounting documents and transaction data are stored for 11 years in accordance with the law (including tax obligations).
In the case of the exercise of the right to be forgotten through the request for explicit deletion of personal data processed by the owner, we remind you that such data will be stored in a protected form and with limited access for no more than 12 months from the date of the request, only for the purpose of ascertaining and suppressing crime, and will subsequently be securely deleted or irreversibly anonymized.
Finally, we remind you that for the same purposes, data relating to electronic traffic (excluding the content of communications) will be kept for a period of no more than 6 years from the date of communication, pursuant to art. 24 of Law no. 167/2017, which implemented the EU anti-terrorism Directive 2017/541.
If you do not exercise any active action (for example navigation, searches and/or any other ways of using the service) on www.houseboat.it for a period of 27 months, you will be classified as an inactive user and your personal data will be deleted automatically.
6. HOW DO WE GUARANTEE THE PROTECTION OF YOUR DATA?
Data is collected by the individuals indicated in point 3 as specified by the relevant legislation, with particular regard to the security measures provided by the GDPR (Article 32) for data processing by means of IT, manual and automated tools; with logic strictly related to the purposes indicated in point 1; and always in such a way as to guarantee the security and confidentiality of the data.
In compliance with the applicable regulations, a system of anti-spam verification is active on communications between users. The data entered may be verified for the sole purpose of identifying illegal activities or content that do not comply with the General Conditions of the Service but will not be processed or communicated for commercial or promotional purposes.
7. FURTHER INFORMATION
When you use the applications and services of Houseboat Holidays Italia S.r.l. with position detection active, we may collect and process information about your current (approximate) position. This data is processed anonymously in a format that does not allow the user to be personally identified, and is used for the sole purpose of facilitating the use of some position-based service features. You can enable/disable location services at any time by accessing your browser and/or device settings as follows:
go to “Preferences”> “Websites”> “Location” and remove Houseboat Holidays Italia S.r.l. from the list
go to “Preferences”> “Privacy”> “Location” and disable the location for Safari
open Chrome chrome: // settings / content / location and remove Houseboat Holidays Italia S.r.l. from the list
open Chrome and select “Site Settings”> “Location” and remove Houseboat Holidays Italia S.r.l. from the list
Desktop and mobile
open Firefox and go to about: preferences # privacy, search for “Permission”> “Location”> “Settings” and remove Houseboat Holidays Italia S.r.l. from the list
- Internet Explorer
open Internet Explorer, click on the “gear” icon and select “Internet Options” in the privacy panel, under the Position item, click on the “Delete Sites” button
7.2. Search Engine
Information on the data entered on Houseboat Holidays Italia S.r.l. will be visible in searches carried out using the internal search engine and could be made available to third party search engines as these are allowed to index the contents. The search results are not managed by Houseboat Holidays Italia S.r.l., but the user can report the removal of the page and request the update of the cached copy directly to/from the third-party search engine.
The data controller provides the page “Work with us” to consult for any professional positions open at Houseboat Holidays Italia S.r.l., and reserves the right to evaluate applications received for the purposes of staff selection.
CVs received for specific positions may be kept and reevaluated for subsequent roles for professional positions compatible with the candidate’s profile, within a period of maximum 2 years. Applicants may oppose the processing of their personal data at any time by writing to the firstname.lastname@example.org box
If you apply, remember to include in your curriculum vitae the declaration by which you consent to the processing of personal data for the purpose of selection, and avoid including sensitive personal data (such as health status or religious, philosophical or political beliefs) that are not relevant to the job offer.
8. COULD THIS INFORMATION CHANGE OVER TIME?
This information may be subject to change. If the owner makes substantial changes are made to the use of users’ data, the owner will notify users by publishing said changes in a high-profile location on the site or publicizing them through other means.
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that the sites visited by users send to their terminals or devices, where they are stored to be retransmitted to the same sites during subsequent visits. Cookies (and/or similar technologies such as SDK technologies for the mobile world) can be permanently stored (persistent cookies) on your device or be of variable duration; they can be deleted by closing the browser or because they are limited to a single session (session cookies). Cookies can be installed by Houseboat Holidays Italia S.r.l. (first-party cookies) or by other websites (third-party cookies).
Cookies are used for different purposes as better specified in point 2 of this page.
For profiling activities, personal data collected through cookies is processed for a maximum period of 12 months from the moment at which consent to processing is given. Below you will find all the information on cookies installed through the Houseboat Holidays Italia Srl website and/or related applications and instructions on how to manage your cookie preferences.
We remind you that our platform supports the browsers and/or applications identified below for the purpose of proper service delivery. For optimum results we recommend downloading the latest version of your browser and/or app.
We remind you that Houseboat Holidays Italia S.r.l. is unable to guarantee the correct operation of the service and the effectiveness of the information contained here for previous versions of browsers and/or unsupported apps.
1.1. Desktop site browser
- Chrome version 49.0 or later
- Firefox version 52.0 or later
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 11 or later
- Microsoft Edge
- Safari version 8 or later
1.2. Mobile website browser
- iOS 7.1 or later (iPhone 4 or later): Safari
- Android 4.1 or later: Chrome 28.0 or later, Samsung Browser 3.3 or later, Android browser.
- Windows Phone 8.1 or later: IEMobile
1.3. Browser for tablet devices
- Ipad: Safari
- Android: Android Browser
- IOS 6.1.0 or later
- Android 3.2.0 or later
2. WHAT COOKIES ARE PRESENT ON THIS SITE?
2.1. First-party cookies and related purposes
The main purposes of cookies installed by Houseboat Holidays Italia S.r.l. are:
– technical i.e. they are used for purposes related to the provision of the service and to allow or improve navigation on Houseboat Holidays Italia S.r.l. or remember searches. These cookies are essential to ensure our platform is working properly.
– analytics, to collect statistical information on the use of the service by users (e.g. number of visitors, pages visited, etc. …). We use these cookies to analyze traffic on our pages anonymously, without storing personal data.
2.2. Third-party cookies and related purposes
The main purposes of cookies installed by third parties, such as Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Facebook, Instagram, are the following:
– analytics: to collect statistical information on the use of the service by users (e.g. number of visitors, pages visited, …). These cookies are used to analyze the traffic on our pages anonymously, without storing personal data.
– performance: through these cookies it is possible to develop and implement the service, improving your browsing experience and therefore the use of the same.
– marketing: we analyze your online actions so that you can provide, through third-party partners, content and commercial offers in line with your interests, also based on your previous browsing experience. This information is managed separately from the identification data held by Houseboat Holidays Italia S.r.l.
Furthermore, cookies specially designed for “social networks” could be activated. They allow the user to interact via social networks (share function, Facebook). When a page contains this command, a direct connection is established with the selected social network.
Houseboat Holidays Italia S.r.l., in addition to cookies, to improve the service and navigation or for profiling activities, could allow the use of similar technologies on your mobile devices such as the Facebook and Instagram tools.
Consent to the use of profiling cookies is provided by the user through the following methods: closing the banner containing the information summary, scrolling the page hosting the banner, or clicking any of its elements, and can be revoked at any time.
Technical cookies do not require consent, so they are installed automatically as a result of accessing the site or service.
Cookies can be completely disabled by the browser using the appropriate function provided in most browsers.
However, be aware that by deactivating cookies some of Houseboat Holidays Italia S.r.l.’s features may not be usable.
Here are the links to the policies of the main browsers for more information on deactivating cookies: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Edge, IEMobile.
With reference to profiling cookies aimed at offering you personalized advertising, we inform you that, if you exercise the opt-out, you will continue in any case to receive generic advertising.