This proposal is exclusive to our company and applies to Italy.
It’s designed for those who want to rent a single boat with a small crew (for example in a family), but don’t feel safe enough to want to sail in absolute autonomy and solitude. By booking as part of a fleet, you can sail following a Leader Boat that heads the fleet.
Choosing a fleet cruise allows you to spend your houseboat holiday in total autonomy but able to count on the constant supervision of a qualified companion selected by the company who acts as leader, adviser and technical assistant directly on site and is therefore immediately available.
The fleet is made up of a maximum of four boats.
The Group Leader, who lives in one of these, is an expert on the region and the cruise area; and can therefore quickly provide assistance and suggestions.
The Leader Boat sets the rhythms of the cruise, acts as an example, and is there to be followed during some or all stages of the cruise.
SOME CHARACTERISTICS OF THE FLEET CRUISE
- This isn’t a group cruise: you book your boat, for you, your family and your friends at normal market prices and in addition you have the opportunity to follow the Leader Boat more or less closely and enjoy the advantages described above.
- It’s a flexible experience: the itinerary followed by the Leader will probably be the best possible compromise between attractions to visit and the time available, but you aren’t obliged to follow it like a train carriage. You can choose your itinerary and navigate at your own pace, counting on your local contact person to respond to your requests.
- Sharing “group life” experiences with the crews of the other boats in the fleet is not mandatory. Everyone can decide independently whether to dine on board or in a restaurant (choosing their favorite, perhaps recommended by the Leader, who knows them all), whether to visit a museum, or enjoy a relaxing lie-in. It’s a free choice whether to interact with other crews or spend time privately.
If you join the fleet it’s because you want to experience your holiday independently and, thanks to the Leader’s help, make the most of your cruising experience, for example:
- make sure you correctly interpret the signs in the Venice lagoon indicating shallow areas
- avoid overcrowded areas
- access a “prompt assistance” service by your side
- be sure to discover the most beautiful and hidden places on the itineraries, without missing anything, simply because “you didn’t know it could be done”
- make the most of the boat and all its functions, without fear of doing something wrong
If you want a detailed idea of the fleet’s itinerary, read the Itineraries Guide. The itinerary is not to be understood as fixed, as it may be subject to variations independent of the will of the company. The itinerary may also be subject to changes simply due to participants’ wishes.
To join one of these Flotilla cruises, just check availability with the booking office, which will calculate the quote based on the price of the boat and the offer available at that time, adding a small supplement for the fleet.
WOULD YOU LIKE MORE INFORMATION?
Fill in the form below!