New for 2019 – Italy’s first electric Houseboat
Designed for customers who want to holiday in a dynamic, comfortable boat, designed and produced entirely by us. This unique and elegant model offers unmatched maneuverability and technology!
The Houseboat Italia fleet is boosted again with another yacht, this time in a turn towards Eco Tourism!
The ambitious project sees us engaged in the construction of an elegant and functional boat to suit the eco-sustainable tourism “mood”: a cleaner, more ecological electric motor that means you’ll make considerable savings on fuel costs.
Would you like to receive a quote? Fill out the contact form.
The boat is designed according to high quality standards and is “CE” approved. It obtained a “C” classification thanks to its robustness and navigational safety.
- Size: 13.80 m x 4.20 m
- Sleeps: 8+2
- Bathrooms: 3
Description and Layout
- Rooms: 2 cabins with a fixed double bed and 2 cabins with 2 single beds that can be turned into double beds. New mattresses for improved comfort; all beds minimum 200cm in length. USB and 220V outlets available in every room;
- Bathrooms: 3 bathrooms complete with automatic electric toilet, sink and shower with exclusive access from the stern cabins. 1 exclusive shower room in the bow, separate toilet;
- Dinette: Large dinette which can be comfortably converted into a double bed thanks to innovative gas pistons. Improved external visibility thanks to new panoramic windows, which make the room bright and airy. Direct flybridge access from the hall;
- Kitchen: equipped with every comfort, from a large domestic fridge to an electric hob, a large microwave, and, for the first time in a houseboat, a convenient dishwasher.
Technique and maneuverability
- A new hybrid system based on a powerful electric motor shaft and a battery for storing electrical energy produced by an automatic on-board generator. The storage batteries can also be recharged from the comfort of the port by connecting to the quay line;
- For the first time this houseboat boasts a twin propeller lateral thruster maneuvering system at bow and stern, activated by joystick, enabling the boat to counter rotate and move sideways when mooring;
- Dual internal and external steering position. The flybridge control station has been completely redesigned to make it more comfortable and ergonomic. It houses all the displays, in addition to a very useful helm direction indicator to calculate rudder direction at any time;
- Travel safely with the Minuetto 8+ Hybrid, thanks to the water depth detection system, common to all Minuetto models, which sounds an alarm in the event of shallow waters.
On-board comfort and technology
- A powerful marine power generator guaranteed energy production even when moored outside a harbour or dock. It’s like being connected to a network;
- A double heat pump system for air conditioning and heating;
- Thanks to the large inverter it’s possible to use the hairdryer, computer, a portable TV and other non-industrial appliances on board;
- Iphone-compatible Radio and USB connector with speakers also loacted on the Flybridge for listening to music at all times.
- The flybridge is spacious, with a fixed and bright fiberglass;
- The extra-comfortable seat cushions can also be used for sunbathing on the large outdoor sundeck;
- A new sliding bimini awning system offers better sun protection and must be closed in the evening;
- An effective handrail system, in addition to a safety gate, makes the external deck extremely safe even for those travelling with children;
- An aluminum gangway with wheels can be positioned to get on and off the boat safely.
The boat is equipped with a 220V heat-pump air conditioning system with cable to connect to the wharf, so requires docking in the evening. Some boats may have a power generator enabling the system to be used outside the port as well.
How to use the air conditioning: the boat is not a house, so don’t expect the same power and cool temperature as at home. During the day when you are outside, leave it switched off to avoid placing excessive stress on the system. In the evening, turn on the system before going to bed and in less than 5 minutes the cabins will have cooled down, guaranteeing you a good night’s sleep.
For your Houseboat holidays in Italy, choose to travel with class in the exclusive Minuetto8 + Hybrid.